ABBA’s Pantry is an extension of Abiding Faith UMC Outreach Ministry. After serving within the community, we identified a greater need. In August, 2018, ABBA’s Pantry partnered with the Houston Food Bank to help families in our community that were facing challenges of offering nourishing meals within their household.
Due to the pandemic, ABBA’s Pantry now operates every Friday, drive thru only, between the hours of 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, serving 100 to 150 clients each week.
Our mission is “Serving the Community with love.”
According to Healthdirect.gov.au, the benefits of volunteering can:
- give you a sense of achievement and purpose
- help you feel part of a community
- help you feel better about yourself by improving your self-esteem and confidence
- help you share your skills, learn new skills and create a better work-life balance
- help combat stress, loneliness and social isolation and depression
To volunteer, contact Barbara Carter @ (713) 433-3906
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven” Ephesians 6:7 NIV